Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., a multi-office national firm has an immediate opening for a Legal Secretary for our Pensacola, FL Office. This is a full time position, competitive salary and benefits package offered. The individual in this role will assist attorneys in defending civil litigation matters in the areas of general liability, and corporate matters. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees of the firm.
QR Code Link to This Post
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under attorney direction drafts and prepares correspondence and other written documents as required including responses, reports, filings, pleadings, answers, motions, interrogatories, contracts, opinions, position papers, letters, etc., and other documents as necessary.
• Monitors files and escalates issues requiring attorney involvement. Performs timely handling of highly sensitive issues and materials related to case.
• Assist attorneys in all aspects of litigation, including but not limited to, digital dictation, scheduling, electronic filing, and maintaining files.
• Maintains calendar for trial and discovery deadlines. Obtains trial settings, coordinates and assist in preparation.
• Answers incoming phone calls and routes to proper person.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 2+ years of prior legal secretary experience supporting litigators in civil defense in a high-volume, fast-paced law firm environment.
• Strong working knowledge in area of specialization (insurance defense and general liability).
• FL State and Federal Court filing including E-Filing experience.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
• Solid analytical and drafting skills.
• Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
This position is considered to be mostly sedentary and will require the employee to sit for extended periods of time. It will also require the employee to occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. They may engage in bending, stretching, reaching and other motions in the course of a working day. They will be engaged in using office equipment and computers. They may engage in lifting of supplies and materials up to 20 pounds from time to time. While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
This job is located primarily in an indoor office environment with varying noise levels. There may be varying degrees of temperature. The employee may be interrupted from time to time.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. They are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job.
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer paid short-term disability insurance, generous 401(k) plan match, paid vacation, and more. Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.